A book’s cover plays a crucial role in enticing potential buyers from the outside, but the inside of your book also needs to maintain that professional standard to create an immersive reading experience.
Typesetting is both an art and a science, maintaining a fine balance between book layout design and structural layout to produce a polished, publish-ready print book for the commercial marketplace. In the eyes of your potential buyers, this gives you a level of professionalism that will instill confidence in buyers.
Our typesetting service (print layout design) includes the following
- Chapter heading design
- font selection
- text flow with correct indents
- running headers and footers
- copyright page layout
- lists and bullets
- layout of photos and images
- front and back matter, including dedication and call to action pages.
Please take a few moments to make sure your manuscript file meets our formatting checklist below. It allows you to make sure everything is included so you don’t miss anything. This pre-formatting preparation also allows us to keep the time for completion to a minimum.
- All content and pages for your book should be included in the one Word.doc file. These include (but not limited to) contents, dedication, acknowledgements, and author information.
- Make sure your text is default colour black.
- No formatting of the table of contents. Keep as straight text. The table of contents (TOC) is added during formatting
- Use the standard font ‘Times New Roman’ for your whole manuscript file (font choice is disregarded because this changes in print layout or eBook conversion).
- Use an 11pt or 12pt font size for your main body text, and the default ‘Heading 1’ or ‘Heading 2’ in the style pallet in Word for all chapter and page headings. If you’re using a generic text software program, change your headings to a 16pt font size.
Make sure your document has no headers, footers or page numbers (these elements change in print layout and eBook conversion).
Illustrations and graphics
All images in your document are treated separately. You’ll send your illustrations as separate files. A Dropbox link to your images is preferred.
Images and illustrations are to be provided as 300 dpi (print resolution) images. Screenshots taken from your monitor will only be 72 dpi and will not print.
Professional Typesetting as a stand-alone service:
Your typesetting will cost $5.00 CA per page, at a standard letter size (8.5×11).
EG. A 200 page word document would cost you $1000.00 CA
We also offer design and layout for a ready to print, full colour cover for your book at $500.00 CA.
For any information about Typesetting or Book Cover Design, please do not hesitate to ask questions.
All books published through InspireABook and Influence Publishing were typeset by Greg Salisbury.
Greg Salisbury – firstname.lastname@example.org